#DeadFriendsPhotoAlbum


Dead Friends Photo Album




This is me hugging Teddy Roethke,
and him acting like he didn't need it.
But he did, y'all.
He diiiiiiiid.
















Virginia:  You're the funniest!
Me:  No, YOU'RE the funniest!
Virginia:  Okay, I'm the funniest.
Me:  Wait--what?












Me explaining to Thoreau that there is always room for a hot tub.









When two friends decide to get birds, and one is all, "I call raven, I call raven..."






After awhile, you knew Jane was just inviting you out as her duff.










"No, Em - see that's why it's funny.  They're like YOUR arms."
Emily always wanted to PLAY the arm game,
but I'm not sure she understood the arm game.






Hey Fyodor, no parking on the dance floor baby!













Sometimes Rainer would just get stuck in a trend.
Spatacular.











The thing about Hunter was that,
whenever he offered you "Skittles,"
 it was hardly ever Skittles.






Whatever, Walt.
If you're not gonna try,
I'm not.
Myrtle Beach





Friendship is full of give and take...
Like sometimes one friend is super into chickens,
but the other friend is super afraid of having her eyes pecked.
You just work it out.









Capote and I hung out for awhile,
but I got tired of the constant argument
over who was the Mary and who was the Rhoda.
Also I got tired of being the Rhoda.











You know Bev.  She always wants you to go to her hair stylist before girls' night. 

And you always say yes.  The first time.


 


 






C'mon, Char!  Put your book down for a week.
She was more fun after the porridge shots.













Beforehand, I wanted color; Walker wanted black and white.
I have to hand it to him. He really knew his over-the-mantle self-portraiture.




Man, those were the days...
Sometimes Ernie and I'd get going and it was like being on stage
at a Crocodile Rocks.
And in our vests.
Always in our patchwork vests.  
 
 
 
  

"So if I'M not married in 10 years, and YOU'RE not married in 10 years..."
The day two friends decide to go into puppetry,
is the day two friends should start to plan some safety nets.






 
I don't remember much about my time with Bukowski
except... well, nope...nothing.
 







During our Buddhist phase,
Faulkner visited me seeking wisdom.
I was like, "Dude.  You gotta get those
longass sentences in check, man"



 






























Thursday night book club at Olive Garden was lit.







I was with Muir the day he realized he was 
more of an "indoors guy."






One day, they're all
"WE NEED A BASSOON,
WE'RE ALL ABOUT THE BASSOON!"
but the next day, they're all
"Oh sorry - we're pursuing other avenues
 in our artistic journey."







Earl and Lester asked me to perform with them constantly,
and yet their recordings are mysteriously void of my playing.
Foggy Mountain Unplugged